Graphic Design Masterclass
Graphics design is said to be the pillar upon which media revolves. Every brand would at one time or another require the services of a graphic designer. Hence, creative graphic designers are in constant demand by brand & advertisement companies, films, printing, publishing, game, and animation industry.
Build a solid foundation in the elements of design: typography, color, and layout.
Explore the design process to visualize compelling ideas.
Practice with hands on exercises in InDesign, coreldraw, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
Learn and apply graphic design principles, color, and typography for better designs! Are you frustrated with the quality of your graphic designs, or wonder how graphic designers create effective content? Or do you simply want to learn more about graphic design or get started as a graphic designer?
In this course, you will learn and then apply design principles to create various graphic designs, including an online advertisement, an effective infographic, a gig poster with type as a design element, and an illustrative postcard design. You will learn how color schemes can be created and applied in graphic designs. You will also learn how effective typography can improve your designs as well.
You will use the industry-standard software for photo and raster editing (Photoshop), illustration and vector art (Illustrator), and publication design (InDesign) in this course to apply what you learn.
In the first few sections, you will learn about the overarching benefits of this course and then learn about various design principles such as proximity, alignment, repetition, contrast, balance, negative space, and rhythm. You will apply these design principles right away so you more effectively learn them. This will also allow you to learn design techniques.
In the color section, you will learn about effective color and then how to create color schemes in Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator. You will create a color wheel using Illustrator.
In the typography section, you will learn type terminology in order to know how to apply effective type. You will also learn best practices in editing and applying type.
All support files are included for the follow-along exercises and projects on design principles, color, typography, and projects. Bonus files are also included, such as photo and Photoshop brushes.
What Will I Learn?
- To learn what graphic design is and how to become a graphic designer
- Learn the principles of great graphic design
- Gain a clear understanding of how to work with BOTH print and web projects in Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Build a skill set that can set you up to be employable in the creative industry as a graphic designer.
- Learn how to make and refine selections using Photoshop.
- Work with typography, shapes, colors, and more in Illustrator
- Learn how to lay out graphics and text while designing an eBook with InDesign.
- Work with the type tools in Coredraw
- Begin to understand the basics of logo design, including typography and color usage.
- Learn how to make composite images using Photoshop.
- Develop the skills and confidence to create common graphic design projects.
- Learn how to efficiently package and export files.
- Learn how to set up a logo mood board and how to present your work to clients.
- Learn how to mask shapes and work with Font Awesome icons.